Problem Solving and Obtaining Help
We all know the frustration that occurs when computers or items of software suddenly don’t work or do something completely unexpected. As you can imagine, the unravelling of some technical problems can be time-consuming for us and you. Below are avenues to assist you solve problems and seek help.
Your User Guide
First point of call can be your User Guide. Each software program includes a User Guide, usually located on the CD, in PDF format for later version programs. Earlier version programs may have a printed User Guide. We’ve worked hard to ensure that it can help you if any technical problems arise.
We’ve also compiled a comprehensive User Guide within the built-in Help system within most of our programs. It’s just a matter of clicking on the Help > Contents or Help > …User Guide menu items or pressing your keyboard’s F1 (Function 1) key when you experience a problem.
Help By Email
If you have read your User Guide and used your built-in Help system and still can’t solve your problem, then you can get technical support by email. Many of our programs, such as Solar Fire, Solar Maps and Solar Writer have a built-in email technical support function. Look under the program’s “Help” menu for “Get Technical Support by Email…”
You will first be required to enter or verify your contact details, and then an email will be automatically created for you, containing all relevant technical information about your program and operating environment. All you have to do is to add a clear description of the problem or issue, and then send it. In your description, please include where possible;
- Full description of the exact problem and circumstances in which it occurred. In other words what was the exact procedure that you were carrying out just before your problem occurred—and then what happened?
- The exact wording of the error message including any error number if there is one.
- Inform us if this is a recurring problem or only happened once.
If you do need technical support by email, then using this built-in program function is the preferred method, as the information which is automatically included in these emails is often very helpful to us in helping to find and resolve any problems.
However, in the instance where you are unable to use this built-in email support, please send your query to firstname.lastname@example.org
Help By Phone (Australian Customers only)
If you can’t solve your problem via any of the above methods, please have the answers to the following questions before phoning for technical support.
- With which of our programs are you experiencing problems? Please include the full version number.
- What operating system are you using, for example, Windows XP or Windows Vista?
- Please describe the exact problem and circumstances in which it occurred. In other words what was the exact procedure that you were carrying out just before your problem occurred—and then what happened?
- Please note the exact wording of the error message including any error number if there is one. Write down the details before you call.
- Is this a recurring problem or has it only happened once?
- Where can you be easily contacted during the day? (We might need this information so that we can call back at another time to help you further.)
Technical Support: 0488 111 078
This phone number will put you in touch with a member of the Esotech team who may be able to help you with your problem. If not then she or he will refer technical problems to our Technical Support team which is highly experienced in the field of computer development and astrology.
Please contact the agent from whom you purchased your software, who will be able to provide you with first-line support, and refer your query on to us if necessary.
Please note that we have a policy of NO REFUNDS on our software. We do everything we can to help you resolve any difficulties or frustrations.